We are looking to fill the following position immediately. See position description below:
Recycling Project Manager
The President and Vice-President of the Southern Utah Recycling Coalition Board
To develop a well coordinated, affordable and sustainable Five County Recycling Cooperative (FCRC) to serve the needs of the five rural counties of Southern Utah as outlined in the SURC/EPA grant work plan using a cooperative network of local, state and national governmental entities as well as private businesses and citizens to maximize route efficiency, develop local end uses for recyclable commodities and combine collections to increase amounts and market values.
Key areas of responsibility
- Plan and establish an efficient business model for the FCRC that will best suit the fiscal and operational needs of the program and the counties it represents during and after the grant period.
- Increase the number of entities committed to collaborate on the program while adding locations to the existing public recycling “Binnie” drop off program.
- Develop and establish additional local end use glass markets. Facilitate the relationships between Garfield County and Boulder City to transport glass, crush the material and utilize it locally.
- Catalogue the number of entities participating, the diverse use for the glass and any agreements made and reported to SURC, UDEQ and the EPA as well as the tracking and measuring of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly poundage of materials diverted. Communication of progress during the monthly SURC board meetings will entail a detailed list of items accomplished for each phase including difficulties of accomplishing the task.
- Serve as support to the FCRC in hosting a series of launch events for the recycling cooperative as well as preparing and presenting audience specific presentations/speeches and documents for the various individuals and organizations.
- Work in conjunction with SURC and FCRC to assess and report on the sustainability of the recycling cooperative and the established recycling programs and implement any needed changes.
- SURC Board of Directors
- Five County Cooperative committee members
- Utah Department of Environmental Quality
- Five County Association of Governments
- Environmental protection Agency
Term of Employment
- Ability to communicate information to non technical audiences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Willingness to learn Waste Wise reporting program along with the flexibility to learn other programs.
- Ability to receive, sort and file monthly numbers within given deadlines.
- Knowledge of budgetary and project planning, business plans and fiscal responsibilities.
- Ability to take on project with minimal day to day supervision.
- Outgoing personality with a passionate commitment to the cause.
How To Apply:
- Attach your Cover Letter and Resume to an email.
- Note that the Cover Letter and Resume must be in PDF format.
- Send your email to the president of SURC at: email@example.com
- Include “Recycling Coordinator” and your name in the email subject.
- Application deadline is October 31st 2011